Blog Book Tour Planned for February 2011

January 12, 2011

One of the most efficient ways for authors like myself to promote their books these days is to do something called a blog tour or virtual book tour. Basically, we guest post on other people’s blogs as a way to provide free content to blogs that want it and to get the word out about our new books.

As you likely know I’ve hosted many guest posts for authors in the middle of blog tours, such as these posts from the recent past:

My plan is to spend the rest of January organizing a virtual book tour, via a blog tour, for my new book Toss, Keep, Sell!: The Suddenly Frugal Guide to Cleaning Out the Clutter and Cashing In. I hope to have that blog tour launch on February 1st and go the entire month–28 days and 28 posts, if possible.

Here’s why I think the timing is perfect for a February blog tour.

1. Toss, Keep, Sell! hit bookstore shelves in late December, so it’s still considered to be a new-enough book.
  2. The number one resolution for 2011, according to a Harris Interactive poll, was to get organized. Toss, Keep, Sell! focuses on getting your home in order and getting cash for your clutter.
  3. Since it takes 30 days to form a new habit, a February blog tour that focuses on getting organized will appeal to any folks who vowed to get organized in January but then fell off the wagon.

I’ll be reaching out to all the bloggers I know to see if they’d like to participate in my blog tour, but perhaps you know (or own or write) a blog that would be a great addition to the “tour.” If so, post a comment to let me know which blog I should check out.

Also, I have a table of contents from the book I can share with bloggers interested in a guest post. And if you’d rather do a Q&A with me, that would be fine with me. Just let me know. Thanks.

10 Responses to Blog Book Tour Planned for February 2011

1. Pam Kern on January 19, 2011 at 8:31 am

I would love to be considered for your tour. As a blogger who has always believed in frugality we suddenly found ourselves forced into serious frugality by my husband being “downsized” after 30 years. That was a year and a half ago and we have survived, he has started a new biz and we are learning to live our new “normal”. Use it up, reuse, never buy new if you can do without, and keep educating ourselves on new ways to save.

• Leah Ingram on January 19, 2011 at 8:35 am

Great. I’ll add you to the list!

2. everydayfrugaleverydaygreen on January 15, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Hi Leah, I’ll be re-launching everyday frugal, everyday green in February and would love to have you guest post.
    D

3. Robyn on January 14, 2011 at 6:12 am

Hi! I loved Suddenly Frugal. I would be interested in having you guest appear on my blog if you’re interested. I have a decent following and blog daily. If you have extra copies of the book, I’d love to read it (and review it on my blog) as well as give one away to my readers as a contest – following your blog tour if you don’t mind :)

I got a bit sidetracked (as I had baby 6 weeks ago) but I have a side project blog going on where I’m trying to de-clutter 2011 items from my house by the end of 2011.

Let me know if you’re interested!
    Robyn aka Knit & Purl Mama

4. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Leah Ingram and Leah Ingram. Leah Ingram said: Blog Book Tour Planned for February 2011: One of the most efficient ways for authors like myself to promote thei… http://bit.ly/gqRwDQ [...]

5. Leah Ingram on January 13, 2011 at 11:14 am

Thanks, Melissa!

6. Melissa on January 13, 2011 at 10:47 am

I’ve gotten away from being a frugal/homemaking blogger, but you might want to take a look at Alea’s Premeditated Leftovers:

7. Ms. Booty Homemaker on January 13, 2011 at 8:08 am

I would also enjoy consideration for your blog tour.

8. Denise on January 13, 2011 at 4:59 am

I’d love to be considered for your book tour at http://shopperstrategy.com :)

• Leah Ingram on January 13, 2011 at 6:31 am

Let me check out your blog and get back to you. Thanks.