It seems like with every holiday comes freebies. In the recent past I’ve blogged about:
- Earth Day freebies (for three years running!)
- Tax Day freebies
- Valentine’s Day freebies
- Veteran’s Day freebies
And now with Mother’s Day around the corner, it’s time to do a roundup of Mother’s Day freebies. (The last time I wrote about Mother’s Day freebies was in 2009.)
I decided to do this Mother’s Day freebies post midway through the week so you had plenty of time to plan for and take advantage of these upcoming freebies before Sunday, May 8th (which is Mother’s Day. You did know that, right?). Here we go!
- For the fourth year in a row, TCBY will offer free frozen yogurt to moms on Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8.
- Celebrate National Public Gardens Day on Friday, May 6th, with free admission to a botanical garden–an experiential gift you can give to mom instead of the same old bunch of flowers. Better Homes & Gardens magazine and the American Public Garden Association have sponsored this event. You’ll need to print out a coupon here and bring it with you to a participating botanical garden.
- Here are 10 places in Chicago, the Windy City, where mom can dine for free!
- Check out these Mother’s Day freebies in and around Charlotte, North Carolina (thanks Charlotte on the Cheap!).
- Moms get free breakfast at IKEA on Mother’s Day (thanks For the Mommas).
- Take mom to dinner at Ruby Tuesday’s for Mother’s Day, and she’ll get a free red velvet cupcake for dessert. (Reservations are suggested, which you can do via the Ruby Tuesday website.)
- Send mom a free Mother’s Day eCard through Denny’s Facebook page (you have to “Like” them first), and then you’ll get a coupon for free pancakes on Mothers’ Day.
- Apple is offering free engraving on iPad and iPods plus fast, free shipping.
- Jo-Ann Fabric stores are offering “Free Make It-Take It” events on Saturday, May 7 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Attention dads and significant others: take the kids to Lowe’s on Saturday, May 7th, for a free “Mother’s Day Build & Grow” clinic at 10 a.m. During this clinic they can create a heart-shaped flower vase that reads “I Love You” to Mom. Did we say it was free? That’s a free gift for mom. How great is that?
I told you I would be doing regular stories on frugal Mother’s Day gifts. Hope you get to enjoy some of these Mother’s Day freebies!
If you’re aware of other freebies, please post a comment below to share the information with everyone.