In addition to enjoying Veterans Day freebies, members of the military get to enjoy discounts at a number of restaurants and retailers–on Veterans Day and, in some instances, throughout the year. With these discounts expect to show valid ID.
Here is a roundup of some of the discounts I could find in time for Veterans Day:
- Family Dollar is offering a 10% off discount to military families and vets over Veteran’s Day weekend. That’s November 11-13. The discount is for active duty or retired military, National Guard, veterans and their families. You’ll need to bring in this Family Dollar coupon to get your discount.
- Veterans, active military, and those in the National Guard and Reserve can get a 10-percent discount at Dollar General stores throughout Veteran’s Day weekend. If you can’t get to an actual store, you can do your shopping online but be sure to use the code “VETERANSDAY” (quotation marks are not part of the code) when you check out.
- In honor of Veterans Day, from November 7 through November 11, Uno Chicago Grill will offer members of the military a discount of 19.43% off an entire food bill (excluding alcohol), no matter how many family members and friends they dine with. The percentage off is a nod to the year the company was founded – 1943.
- The Home Depot gives a 10-percent discount to Veterans and military members not only Veterans Day but also on Memorial Day, Labor Day, and the Fourth of July and Veterans Day. Customers requesting the discount should present a valid military ID.
- Military personnel (both active and retired) get a year-round 10-percent discount at Lowe’s, which also extends this discount to others in the military (details on the Lowe’s website here) on Veterans Day. (Thanks to Debbie’s Deals on The Denver Channel for a heads up on this Veteran’s Day discounts.)