In a recent blog post, I shared some of my suggestions on where to find coupons–in places other than the Sunday newspaper. You’ll recall that one of my tips was to look on social media. That is, to go “Like” your favorite brands on Facebook so you’ll be the first to know about coupons.
Well guess what? That approach to couponing works with fresh and frozen produce as well as other products you might find in the produce aisle. At least that’s what a recent Krazy Coupon Lady blog post suggested. They mention 10 brands to “Like” on Facebook in order to get free coupons.
I checked out all the brands, and then checked out a few more on my own, based on the items that I buy at the supermarket when it comes to fresh and frozen produce. Maybe you like and purchase these brands, too.
Nonetheless, here are 10 brands that you’ll find in the fresh produce aisle or the frozen food section–for frozen fruits and vegetables–that have pages on Facebook. If you “Like” them, you could score some free coupons; I did with at least one of these brands, just when writing this post:
- Driscoll Berries. This is one of the brands of strawberries that my supermarket carries, and we eat a lot of strawberries!
- DelMonte. From time to time I’ll find a coupon on Coupons.com for DelMonte pineapple. It seems that the Facebook page is also a great place to find coupons for fresh pineapple.
- Chiquita Banana. We go through three to four bunches of bananas a week in our house, so I’ll take savings on bananas wherever I can find them!
- Birds Eye Vegetables. I always stock up on frozen vegetables during Frozen Food Month.
- Green Giant. Another frozen brand we love. According to the Green Giant Facebook page, more people from the Philadelphia area “Like” Green Giant than any other U.S. city. Huh!
- Earthbound Organic. Readers are always asking me to post coupons for organic products. Well, go “Like” Earthbound Organic on Facebook, and hopefully the coupons will start rolling in!
- Foxy. Foxy offers both traditional and organic lettuce as well as other fresh produce.
- Dole Salad. When you’re in a hurry, bagged salad can be a huge timesaver. Just be sure to wash bagged salad thoroughly before serving.
- Fresh Express. Another bagged salad company.
- Tribe Hummus. After you click “Like” on Facebook, you’ll have access to a Tribe Hummus coupon via SmartSource. (Note: I tried to access the coupon using Firefox, my preferred browser for my MacBook. It didn’t work. I had to open a new window in Safari, go back to the Tribe Facebook page, and then I was able to click through to Smartsource and print the $1 off coupon.)
If all else fails, you can sign up for this Free Coupons Alerts service, that I just found out about through one of my affiliate networks. It seems that this service emails you when a new coupon is posted–whether on Coupons.com or Facebook. I’m signing up for sure.
What other brands have you clicked “Like” on Facebook? What coupons have you scored this way?
Image Credit: FreeDigitalPhotos.net