National Coffee Day 2012 is this Saturday, September 29th. I don’t know about you but it has to be one of my favorite holidays, because coffee is one of my favorite beverages. I go to bed every night, excited that I get to get up the next morning and have coffee. I kid you not.
Some restaurants, retailers and eateries nationwide started their National Coffee Day celebrations early, which is why I’m posting about deals today and not on Saturday.
Here are 9 places you can go nationwide, today and, in some instances, through the end of the weekend, to enjoy cheap and free coffee
- McDonald’s: If you live on the Eastern Seaboard, then you’ve probably seen or heard the McDonald’s commercials promoting their free coffee offer, which actually started last Monday. Every day this week you could get a free small coffee at McDonald’s.
- Einstein Brothers Bagels: Like McDonald’s, Einstein Brothers Bagel got a jump on National Coffee Day by offering discounts on coffee drinks all week. Use this coupon to enjoy 50% off specialty coffee drinks. On Saturday, National Coffee Day, there will be a BOGO (buy one get one free) coffee offer.
- 7-Eleven: 7-Eleven stores are calling tomorrow, Friday, September 28, CofFREE Day at 7-11. When you stop in at a participating 7-Eleven store between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m. Friday, you’ll receive a free large cup of hot coffee, or, if you choose, cappuccino, latte or tea. This is while supplies last.
- Caribou Coffee: Caribou Coffee locations nationwide are offering free coffee but it is limited to the small size. If you’d like something bigger, you’ll have to pay for it — but not much: 50 cents for a medium and $1 for a large. Here are the details on Caribou Coffee’s National Coffee Day deal.
- Kangaroo Express: The Kangaroo Express convenience store chain — it’s in 13 Southern states — will sell its Bean Street-brand coffee for a penny on National Coffee Day. That’s a penny for a 12-ounce cup of coffee.
- Krispy Kreme: There is no coupon necessary for Krispy Kreme’s National Coffee Day offer. Just show up on Saturday, September 29, and you’ll get a free 12-ounce cup of coffee. In addition, when you visit you’ll have the chance to enter to win free coffee for a year.
- SavOn Stores: It’s not technically a National Coffee Day deal, but it’s still a way to get free coffee from SavOn Stores, the convenience store chain in the upstate New York area: Every Monday morning through October 29, teachers can receive a free cup of coffee. (ID required.)
- Tim Hortons: Tim Hortons, a cafe and bake shop that started in Canada and now has more than 700 locations in the United States, asks you to “Like” them on Facebook. Then, you’ll be able to print out a coupon for a free cup of coffee, when you buy a cup of coffee, on Saturday, September 29.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: This coupon from Dunkin’ Donuts lets you get a 10-ounce hot latte or 16-ounce iced latte for 99 cents through Sept. 30. These drinks normally start at $1.99.