In my opinion the best day to shop for holiday 2012 deals is whenever you can find the best price on an item that you’ve had on your “to buy” list. Savings.com, online source for coupons, deals and expert shopping tips, has a more scientific way of determining the best day to shop. (Full disclosure: Savings.com is owned by the same organization that owns Valpak.com, the coupon company for which I acted as a spokesperson for a satellite media tour in 2012.)
Savings.com analyzed more than 1.5 million deals from 25,000 retailers and polled leading consumer and shopping experts, in order to find the best times to buy popular holiday gifts.
Savings.com has now unveiled a Best Times to Buy Holiday Gifts guide. The guide will help consumers navigate through Black Friday, Cyber Monday and the holiday shopping season to find the best deals for all their gift-giving needs.
According to Savings.com, the following six days or dates are when you can find the best deals for various holiday-related gifts and supplies:
- November 22, Thanksgiving: Black Friday sales begin on Thanksgiving this year, the new and unofficial kick off to the shopping season.
- November 23, Black Friday: Electronics and apparel are the best gifts to shop for on Black Friday, as well as the days immediately following.
- November 26, Cyber Monday: The best gifts to shop for on Cyber Monday are electronics, apparel, toys & games, and items for the home & garden.
- November 27-December 7: Get the best deals from major toy retailers.
- December 17, Free Shipping Day: There is another spike of great deals from apparel brands on the last day free shipping is available to holiday shoppers looking to get their purchases delivered in time for Christmas.
- December 20-25: If you are thinking of buying a food & wine gift, the best deals are available the few days before Christmas.
“Black Friday and Cyber Monday are great days to shop and save, and we have already seen from our partners that this year is going to be huge for savvy shoppers,” said Loren Bendele, co-founder and president of Savings.com. “In fact, in a recent survey of Savings.com members, 99% said they planned to shop and use deals on those days. However, we have also found that great deals are available for products throughout November and December, and we want to share our insight and give shoppers confidence that they are getting the best deal possible.”
Hope this information helps you to make smart spending decisions for your holiday buying this year!