Even though I’ve got most of my back to school shopping completed at this point, I was so pleased to see that this week the Staples Penny Sale includes four penny deals. If you’ve got kids who are going to be taking a lot of standardized tests this year–and therefore will need lots of number 2 pencils–you’re going to love one of these penny deals.
This week (starting August 25, 2013), you can get the following four items at Staples for a penny:
- Staples lined 3X5 white index cards, 100/pack (limit 2 per customer)
- 2-pocket paper folder, assorted colors (limit 10 per customer)
- Staples #2 yellow pencils 8/pack (limit 2 per customer)
- Staples cap erasers 12/ pack (limit 2 per customer)
As is the case with all penny deals at Staples of late, you must spend a minimum of $5 in order to get the above four items for a penny. Some of the ways you can get to $5 include:
- Buying $1 packs of Sharpie highlighters. These highlighters come five to a pack, all in yellow, or mixed colors. Normally, they are $4 each. You are limited to two per customer so that will get you to $2.
- Buying $1 packs of Sharpie permanent markers. There is a five pack of all black and a five pack of different colors. These are normally $4.29 but are $1 this week. Again, you are limited to two per customer. So buying two of these will get you to $4.
- Taking advantage of the Easy Rebate on Bic pens. They are priced at $2.49, with $2.49 back, making them free. This is a box of 12 BIC Ultra Round Stick Grip ballpoint pens in black. But your out of pocket for the pens would put you well over the $5 threshold.
Don’t forget to use your Staples back to school shopping pass, if you bought one.
Let me know if you end up taking advantage of any of these penny deals, and what creative shopping methods you used to get to the $5 minimum.